Where is Piccolo Theatre located?
Piccolo Theatre's office and rehearsal space are now located inside the Parish House at St. Luke's Episcopal Church
939 Hinman Ave
Evanston, Illinois 60202
Our Mailing Address is PO Box 6013, Evanston, IL 60204
Are you a movie theatre? Why/Why not?
Nope - because we're a non-profit arts organization whose mission has nothing to do with film. We reccommend you seek help from Yelp!
How come I can't buy show tickets at the theatre?
You can - the physical box office opens 1 hour prior to the scheduled show times. As we are an itinerant theatre company, our performance locations may change until we can find a permanent performance home. Refer to the show pages for more information. If you would like to purchase your tickets in advance, please call the Box Office Hotline at (224) 420-2223, Tuesday-Friday 10a-5p, or purchase them online.
How come you're not like other theatres?
........................... Sure, well, because we're a singular organization with a different operating budget, staff, and programming; because if we operated like other theatres (like, the 500+ or so in the Chicagoland area) we would not stand out; and because our mission is about exploring and sharing comedy, which we believe in more than anything else. It is because we are unlike other theatres that we've survived and thrived since 2001. Short answer - because we're just not.
Where should I eat before the show?
We highly reccommend that you definitely go here.
What age is appropriate for the show? Should I bring my small child?
That is up to you. If we feel the subject matter or text of our productions merits recommending an age specification, we will include that on our show pages for each season. We have had guests in the audience as young as 2 for our holiday Panto, and 7 for The Mystery of Irma Vep. For other shows, we suggest ages 3 and above, unless otherwise designated. We are always happy to speak with you about each production and its content before you arrive - give us a call or send an email. Put it this way - our Managing Director's father is an Orthodox Priest and attends every Piccolo production because it's just good fun. Not that Piccoloness is next to Godliness, but we're not producing Quentin Tarantino films or reality TV.
Is there wheelchair-accessible seating available?
Unfortunately, the Parish House at St. Luke's Episcopal Curch is not handicap accessible. After our move from the Main Street Metra Station, this has been the most unfortunate issue for us to work through. We are currently working to secure our performance space for next season - (1) location with an elevator - so we can once again stand by our mission to provide accessible, affordable comedy theatre to everyone all year every year. We apologize for any inconvenience this move has caused, and hope we will see you next season.
What is your box office policy?
- Phone Orders - At the time of order, all tickets must be paid for in full by credit card. No refunds.
- Online Orders - At the time of order, all tickets must be paid for in full by credit card. No reservations, holds or refunds.
- Student Rates
- Student rates are valid for all shows. Student ID must be presented in order to receive the Student Rate. Without a Student ID, full price must be paid.
- You may only call to reserve the day of your desired performance. If you choose not to arrive, there are no refunds.
- Piccolo Theatre does not refund tickets.
- All exchanges are subject to availability.
- Season Subscribers receive unlimited exchanges, free of charge.
- Single Ticket buyers, with 48 hours notice, must pay an exchange fee of $3 per ticket.